Your privacy is very important to us and we will make every reasonable effort to safeguard any information we collect.
What information will we collect?
Information may be collected in the following ways on this Application:
- If we provide user account access, you may elect to establish an account so that you can gain additional access to online service applications, health tools, health information, subscriptions or other services where it is important for us to know who you are in order to best meet your needs. Providing personal information is always voluntary.
- We may use “cookies” to help us improve this Application by tracking your navigation habits and to store some of your preferences. A cookie is a small file created by a website or application to store information on your computer. Cookies do not allow websites or applications to gain access to other information on your computer. Once a cookie is saved on your computer, generally only the website or application that created the cookie can read it.
- An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or mobile device that you are using to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the site pages that you want to visit or the data you want to view. The IP address may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to support our administration of this Application.
How will information be used?
Any personal information that you provide is used for the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you use location services to find a provider near your current location, your location is used only to facilitate that function. Or if you provide us with an email address we will use it only for the types of communications we identify on that location of the Application where you give us your email address.
We may also gather quantitative user information, such as the number of users and the pages or data accessed, in order to perform administrative, technical, hosting or other functions that help us manage our Application and deliver new functionality to you. We do not sell, license, transmit or disclose personal information that you provide to us to third parties except with the following exceptions:
- Upon your authorization
- When such disclosure is necessary to allow us and our contractors or agents to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations
- When required or permitted by law
We may work with third party service providers who may place third party persistent cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect anonymous information about the use of our Applications. They are not permitted to collect any personal information, and this information will be solely used for web usage analysis for a better understanding of how you use our Application, and/or to customize our content and advertising.
What if I don’t want information about me to be collected?
Providing personal information through this Application is optional. Personally identifiable information will not be collected from you without your knowledge and approval.
If you do not wish to have your activity on our Application tracked, you can opt-out at any time here
to discontinue first party cookie tracking of your web activity.
Additionally, you can direct your Internet browser to notify you and seek approval whenever a cookie is being sent to your hard drive. You may also delete a cookie manually from your computer, tablet or smartphone through your Internet browser settings or other programs. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies. Please note that some parts of this Application may not function properly or be available to you, if you refuse to accept a cookie or choose to disable the acceptance of cookies.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. As such, your navigation of our Application may be tracked as part of the gathering of quantitative user information described above. If you arrive at our Application by way of a link from a third party application that does respond to “do not track” requests, the recognition of any “do not track” request you have initiated will end as soon as you reach our Application.
Use of email and fax
We may provide email and fax links to further facilitate communication for our members and their designees and caregivers. Information collected through email may be shared with our Member Services department, other associates, or third parties that perform services on our behalf. Unless otherwise noted, email through our Application is not a completely secure and confidential means of communication. Non-encrypted email may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us.
Also, if you request that we email or fax information about you to someone using the email and fax capabilities in this Application, that email or fax may not be completely secure. Please verify email addresses and fax numbers carefully before submitting such a request.
Linking to Other Sites
From time to time we will provide links to websites or applications not owned or controlled by us. We do this because we think the information might be of interest or use to you. A link to a third party website or application does not constitute or imply endorsement by us. We cannot guarantee the quality or accuracy of information presented on third party websites or applications. While we do our best to ensure your privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites or applications. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of any website or application you visit.